Replacing Pedals

Logsie

• Logsie
  • Member For: 19y 1m 8d

I purchesed some MK11 pedals of ebay I got the brake pedal on but am finding it difficult to remove the accelorator pedal .

Has anyone removed or replaced theirs before?

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 10d

Don't take off the accelerator pedal, it quite possibly will stuff it up.

What you do is take the silver cover off the mkii accel pedal (which is just a standard pedal with the mk11 pedal surrounding it, then pop it over the existing accel pedal. Easy as anything :)

If this is a crap explanation, I'll take pics of mine and show you. It's actually pretty easy. Ivan

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 16d
Don't take off the accelerator pedal, it quite possibly will stuff it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? What will stuff up?

It is easier to take the pedal out of a BA, because of the fly-by-wire. Just unbolt the pedal assembly, undo the wiring harness to the pedal, and remove. I did it in my XR6, and have done it in my Subie too. No dramas.

But yeah, if you can pop the cover on the existing pedal it saves work, which means more beer time.

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 22d

I will throw another angle at it. The pedal just slides off the stalk. Just grab the plastic part of the pedal and slide it down towards the carpet, it just pulls off, it is tight but it really does just slide off.

The new one just slides on from the bottom up.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 17d
I will throw another angle at it. The pedal just slides off the stalk.  Just grab the plastic part of the pedal and slide it down towards the carpet, it just pulls off, it is tight but it really does just slide off. 

Well, that's very encouraging isn't it?! :spoton:

I hope it IS tight, 'cos you wouldn't want it sliding off while you were driving!! :wub:

Cro, where did you get your pedals from, the Ford dealer? If so, mind me asking what they cost? And, ummm, some :spoton: please?! :kissmy:

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 10d
I will throw another angle at it. The pedal just slides off the stalk.  Just grab the plastic part of the pedal and slide it down towards the carpet, it just pulls off, it is tight but it really does just slide off. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that's very encouraging isn't it?! :spoton:

I hope it IS tight, 'cos you wouldn't want it sliding off while you were driving!! :wub:

Cro, where did you get your pedals from, the Ford dealer? If so, mind me asking what they cost? And, ummm, some :spoton: please?! :kissmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is the reason I suggested just chucking the alloy bit over the existing pedal.

It's easier, quicker, and less chance of applying too put pressure against the rear plastic bit that clips on the metal stalk. I did this the first time and completely stuffed it up. I then had to put insulation tape on the stalk to make it a bit thicker so the pedal wouldn't keep sliding down when accelerating. It works fine now.

I got my pedals from a mate, brand new talk to your friendly parts dealer :)

I also stuffed up my brake pedal.

The pedals kept falling off, so I wanted to get the bolts for them. Unfortunately the Ford documents that the parts people have don't mention that the brake pedal is a bit thicker and needs a longer bolt than the clutch pedal. I found this out the hard way, and instead of waiting till Monday and driving all the way to Mitchell again I just modified the brake pedal a bit to make the bolt fit onto it.

Looks a bit shonky, but does the job :)

Pedal feel and grip is awesome, even with wet shoes. Gives a good masage when barefoot too :D

Anyway, pics...

post-4-1116915281_thumb.jpg

post-4-1116915291_thumb.jpg

post-4-1116915302_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 20y 10m 1d
I purchesed some MK11 pedals of ebay I got the brake pedal on but am finding it difficult to remove the accelorator pedal .

Has anyone removed or replaced theirs before?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How much?

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:laughing::spoton:

Ive used this technique on 4 Falcons now, and 1 Territory. Works every time.

It is a tight fit, but it will come.