Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Member For: 10y 10m 4d

So because I don't know A lot of people on here very well yet I want to know where people hail from. General area is fine but I'm now in Cranbourne west and I've never seen more xr6t's than I have out this way. Also taking princes hey home some nights on weekends is fun. :P

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

I head to my butcher in Cranbourne every week or 2 - there's always a couple of GT's, F6's and XR6T's in the carpark.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Anyone interested in doing the the Sat or Sun at Winton on Sat 20 or Sun 21 May next month to watch the V8 Supercars live?  Its a totally different experience to watching it on telly right now.  The other thing about Winton is you can really get up close to the cars at some bends.  It feels to me like the way I figured racing would have been done maybe 30 years ago - its not setup like the Melbourne Grand Prix where you don't get that close to the cars.

https://wintonraceway.com.au/motor-racing/winton-secures-supercars-round-2017/ 

https://wintonraceway.com.au/supersprint/event-information/

It's a bit cooler in May but worth it in my opinion.  Price for General Admission is $75+booking $3.62 on-line for either Sat or Sun.  In the past we've gone on the Sat and done it as a day trip  which makes it a long day (cos gotta get up early for first events starting about 10am or so and last race finishing about 5pm or so - I haven't seen Sat or Sun schedule yet).

At one stage we thought about heading up on a Fri and doing the Sat or heading up on a Sat and doing the Sun.  That way we get a bit of cruise in - but we might have left it a bit late to something like that cos accommodation within a 80km radius of Winton usually gets all booked out quick fast.  Beechworth is looking at $152 per night Sat night and Yackandandah $130 per night Sat night (if we drive down on Sat with a bit of cruise and then a short drive in the morning to Winton).

Thoughts anybody?

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Would be up for it :)

I should have organised something for the Island this weekend, but was flat out.

Never been to Winton - an definitely up for it.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Car going to be ready?

Could do a cruise Sat - Kinglake, Spur, Buller (depending on weather), etc and heaps of places nearby to crash for the night within an hour of the track (Mr 22yo is "running" a pub in Mansfield - could see if he can hook us up with something - depending on numbers - less than an hour away from Winton).

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Yeah I would like to do a cruise before the day on Sun.  Everytime I've been up with Adam - we're both so stuffed by the end of the day and that time of year its to dark to do any twisties safely due to wildlife and so on.  So we just drive home afterwards.

I'd be up for a cruise on Sat then Sun Winton races.

• Like 1