Bonnet Release **merged Topic**

• The Thief of BadGags
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 28d

Booked it in yesterday for Tuesday next week. Dealer advises they will be replacing the whole cable. Wait and see what happens after that I guess.

• Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 23d

that's crazy......... :w00t2:

What the hell you all want to see in there is beyond me.

Waddaya think warning lights are for. :ermm:

Open the bonnet? Nah, strictly for the tuner and the dealer.

Huh? Whats coolant?... :spoton:

Just jokes really........... :thumbsup: Mine broke twice and repaired under warranty both times.

• The Thief of BadGags
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 28d
You've mocked me Gaza...mine broke yesterday :laughing:

Annoyed the crap out of me....turns out you can fill the petrol via the hole in the side of the car as well. A good thing Ford provided this as a back-up. They must have known the bonnet cable was faulty.

• Member For: 21y 3m 5d

About a year ago the "lead sinker" in mine started popping out every time I tried to open the bonnet. The problem is over time the plastic weakens and can not handle the pressure and just pops out. I fixed mine by drilling two small holes either side at the top of the plastic slot and twisted a small wire tie in place to prevent the "sinker" slipping out. It has been like this for at least a year now and has never given a problem.

It is a waste of time getting the dealer to do anything because they don't modify the mechanism to prevent it happening again. The first time you pull the bonnet it will just pop out again. It is a design issue that hopefully Ford address in later models.

If you're interested I could post a photo.

• 9 months later...
  • Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 5d

I went to the dealer today to get them to replace my bonnet release... the handle bit doesnt hold on to the end of the cable properly cos it's made of plastic and the cable is metal... so that was a bad idea to start with.

Turns out to replace the handle they need to replace the whole cable :k24t: so I couldnt wait... the guy told me that if I need to get into the engine bay, just to pull on the whole lever assembly and it will pull the cable releasing the bonnet. It unclips from the dash by simply sliding it forwards (towards the bonnet) and it drops down.

Just for those who have the same issues and havent had time to get to the dealer :hrmm:

• Good for nothing member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 4d

Same thing happened to me on wednesday. Had the car in for a couple of warranty issues get the car home pop the hood and the whole bonnet release assemply fell of the dash, looks like the apprentice tried to bodge it up. Need a new cable, release handle and fuse box surround now!