Installing Electronic Oil Pressure Sender

ZAP

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 5d

Chiptorque $100 painted & delivered. Mention you are a forum member. I think SS Inductions have them as well. They have 3 types. Unpainted, paintted same as console plastic or painted same as dash....I got the last one. It is not perfect, but I like it

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d

I have got the thread size written down at home. Will post later. I bought a brass tee fitting and reducer to get down 1/4 NPT for the sender for a total of $8.00. Also I installed the tee without dropping the oil. Thee amount of oil that comes out is just a dribble after you remove the pressure switch. The thread is a common BSP size ... I had a plug in my toolbox with the same thread that I just screwed into the hole to plug the dribble while I put thread seal tape onto the pressure switch and assembled the tee.

Leave the collar in place and just unscrew the pressure switch.

Cheers,

Scott

Thread on the oil pressure switch is a 1/4" BSP 19 TPI. So if you get a Brass tee with a male and two female, all with that thread you also need a reducer to get down to 1/8" NPT ... the thread size on most sender units.

Ignore the 1/4 NPT referred to in the previous post ... I meant to say 1/8 NPT

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Scott

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d

Excellent write up we need more like this!! :wtcjerkit: just a quick note bout thread tape. Make sure you wind the fitting into the tape as if you where tightening the fitting. Then when you break the tape off the end off the tape points the opposite way to the direction you turn the fitting to tighten it.

this stops the end of the thread tape from bunching up as you tighten the fitting and preventing a seal.... :wackit:

for my money you can go past a good hydraulic thread sealant. alot more exxy then tape but no chance of leaks.

• 2 months later...

This is a photo of the $8.00 worth of fittings used to fit a 1/8" NPT thread oil pressure sender to my own vehicle.

Two fittings could be used together to fit two senders and the standard switch.

Cheers,

Scott

post-284-1184323673_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 20d
This is a photo of the $8.00 worth of fittings used to fit a 1/8" NPT thread oil pressure sender to my own vehicle.

Two fittings could be used together to fit two senders and the standard switch.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Guys.

Im about to set this up aswell. Im wondering what kind of sender unit you guys bought as I have the original FPV gauges - not the aftermarket ones. I understand VDO made the oil pressure sender unit for FPV. Can anyone confirm what the part no. is. Is it 360.001??

• 2 years later...