Installing Electronic Oil Pressure Sender

ZAP

• Member For: 14y 2m 17d

hi guys

I did the fittings but theres a oil leak now running down to the sump

what are some good ideas on how to re remove the fittings/collar from the block?.

I have tightened everything but will need to remove it all put some thread sealant and do it all over again.

its just so difficult getting a spanner underneath in the small section

any ideas / tips/ tricks you guys can tell me on how I can get it all opened up again without me braking my hand inside! lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 10d

Not really, its just a sh*tty job. Some guys go from underneath, I work from the top with the airbox and start of the intake removed. Its not easy but stick at it.

• Member For: 14y 2m 17d

yeah its rubbish,

theres no space to go from underneath I tried it on ramps no luck.

worst part is taking off that sensor clip, then I guess I can look for some short wrenchers to get in there turning lil bit

at a time..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m 23d

just bought a couple of gauges yesterday from autobarn oil pressure and boost gauge... boost gauge was no problems but the oil pressure has been a bit of a bastard all coming together though just waiting for my "tee" piece to come in I had no idea about having to do that t piece bit and I just put the sender instead of the original and cut the wire of the harness and wired that on. :S u can guess what happened from there haha. but its all fixed now and shud be up n running in no time. :) thanx for this thread id be dead without it haha

• 1 year later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

Hi all,

just wondering if some one can help me with an oil pressure gauge problem.I have tried 3 different gauges(electric) and all seem to fluctuate from 30 to 120 psi when cold then stabilise to 50psi.but when cruising of it goes again,all wires checked and voltage and earth OK.

• 2 years later...