Xr6t Speed Limiter

Guest nfhotston

Guest nfhotston
  • Guests

:thumbsup: Had the opertunity to access a new stretch of road with no other cars on it and tried out the top end of my T. Around 210 it needed a bit of a push, but kept going. Handled very well and held to the raod. No noises from under the car or from the engine which shouldn't have been there. And no real wind noise from any of the doors or windows. However when I did push it that bit harder 220 came and went, 230 came and went and just as the needle was on the underside of 240km/hr :blink: I had run out of road (apart from stopping allowance!). SO, is the speedo out? Could there be some T's out there without the speed limiter working?

Has anyone had the opertunity or know of testing which proves the limiter??

Nigel.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 30d

I have been very naughty and done 220km/hr, will not do it again, just too dangerous and risky. All I heard was like a ringing sound or soft alarm or something, it could be my hearing.

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 1m 30d

Wheel magazine hit the lmiter in there shootout they did. That cut in at 239km/h. possible your speedo is out a bit more or less than the one they tested. But I am sure if you gave yourself more road you will find it no worries.

• Member For: 21y 4m 27d

I think ford shouldnt have a speed limiter, it sucks, holdens dont have one. why do we. now we have idiot in sv8's bragging about their top speed. rrrr I bet if we had no limiter ours would reach around the same speed!!

Guest nfhotston
  • Guests
Wheel magazine hit the lmiter in there shootout they did.  That cut in at 239km/h.  possible your speedo is out a bit more or less than the one they tested.  But I am sure if you gave yourself more road you will find it no worries.

239kph, and a couple, that is probably the answer. I think the restricted access to the new section is gone now, so won't get to test it again unless in the NT. :tears:

• Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 29d

Guys, you will find in the XR6T that the speed limiter is at 230km\h not 239 or 240 like you have been saying. As for not have a speed limiter that has all be discussed in other threads so I wont repeat here. With the car going over the speed the limiter shoud have come in at it could be a number of things. One could be that the wheels have been changed to a different size from what the factory fitted and the speedo calibration is out. If you change the wheel size you need to update the ECU! It could also be an error in the speedo when its going that fast. The speedo's are set up to be accurate as possible in the normal operating speeds. by the time your doing 230+ the error has a big effect on the speedo speed. Hope this helps!

By the way the xr6t's and xr8's hit the 230km/h limiter all to fast! The GT hits the 250km/h limiter quick too!

what a job I have!!!! B) :thumbsup:

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 1m 30d

I dont think a SV8 or SS would rev hard enough in top gear to need a speed limiter. I thought half the point of a speed limiter was to stop over reving the engine in top gear.

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 15d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

When all said and done a moot point. I bought my T for the up and gooooooooooooo, stuff top end, country roads are just not safe for those speeds, plus ol man roo would soon put an end to your thrill. I hit 2 galahs (feathered kind not SS owners!) at 205 in my old XC, cost me three headlights and a grill!!! and had to scrape mashed bird off my rear fire wall.