Cobra

ute register

Surf Coast Victoria

03 BA XR8 Ute Lighting Strike

SS Inductions CAI, Herrods Cats Back Exhaust, Herrods Helical Coil, BMC Filter, BPT Underdrives, BPT Thermostat

Wish List

A bloody good edit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

welcome to the forum toolman, sounds like a smick ute :spoton: hope you're enjoying it

Phamtom,lowered 50mm front,70 mm rear,JVC head unit,12 inch Fusion sub driven buy a Fusion 600 amp amp,Boston splits up front and Boston 7x5 rear,4 inch turbo back SMB zorst.larger intercooler.injectors.valve springs,unichip,cold air induction,water spray,cross drilled and slotted brakes all round, member 12 second club........and going for more :spoton:

HI, I'm surprised I'm still a member here, its been a while.

anyway, long story short, I was impresed by my cousins (BlueXR6Turbo might be his username, or something like that) BA XR sedan, and I decided to get myself a work ute, so last week, I went and found myself a BA ute.

no its not an XR, but I wanted a traytop, and XR's dont come with traytops, and I couldnt afford a turbo, so I ended up with a secondhand 10-02 build XL ute, so far its all standard, but the list of upgrades seems to be growing pretty quick.

*extractors, exhaust and CAI for now, until I find a cheap XR6T driveline

*really want an LSD

*wheels that are nicer and bigger than the 16" steelies

*lower the suspension, possibly stock XR springs

*custom tail lights and possibly new tray to suit my needs better

*find out where rear speakers go, I would like more music from the standard stereo setup

all these mods arent crazy, but its first and foremost a work car, so I dont want to compromise load or towing capacity more than I need to ;)

oh, and does anyone know if the various chips etc. available for turbos would be applicable to N/A motors?

2004 Winter white hard top with GT wing, sss auto, 18inch wheels, leather trim, six stack cd, GT steering wheel, Fusion sub, XR mats, alarm, Phase 11 260rwkw stainless exhuast, unichip, injectors, cold air intake, no other mods just yet, Dose'nt mean its not gana happen.

Its a realy good car for embarrasing Expensive Daewoo V8s

Yer ha XR

Micksta :spoton:

Hey

Mods: None

Wishlist: Lowering rear springs to match front ride height, Capa Flash Box but would love to go thirds with two other T drivers and am scared of breaking bits, Hardtop, Air intake.....

Hey

Mods: None

Wishlist: Lowering rear springs to match front ride height, Capa Flash Box but would love to go thirds with two other T drivers and am scared of breaking bits, Hardtop, Air intake.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The edit only works on one car at a time, its VIN locked.

Take delivery of my first T ute in July. It will be Velocity, hard top, Magnet pack (sports leather, 18 inch wheels, MOMOs/w), other then that bog stock (company vehicle) getting the Gauge Works Fairmont style boost gauge though.

Should be fun, will be the first rear wheeled drive car I have "owned" have always been "into" FWD 4's. :gooff:

Always have been a FORD fan, and now get the chance to drive 'em. :gooff:

I can't believe I never filled this out as one of the original turbo utes in Qld....

Citric Acid Feb 2003, all options from factory, Xede, injectors, aux fuel pump, exhaust, ram pod, clutch. Recent additions - PBR performance brake package (Hallejuyah!!!), and awaiting PWR single pass 'cooler due next week for further retuning by ChipTorque. Plenty 'o grunt for a stinking load lugger. Although, bcl's engine intrigues me................

This thing really never gets driven as I have another car I use for work. It is fun having a "project". :laughing:

Ive recently became a ute owner. Was original hunting for a modded ute but this one came up and was too good to let go.

Looks like a fairly basic Mercury Silver workmans ute complete with toolboxes. Lift the bonnet and it tells a different story.

Car is an auto has been blue printed and balanced with forged rods & pistons, basically a APS phase 3 kit, larger intercooler, K&N filter, strengthen drive train, auto has 2700rpm stall, 4 inch exhaust, plumb back BOV. And is apparently runing a fairly conservative 13 1/2 PSI boost.

Also has 18" factory rims, leather trim, 6 stacker, tool box behind the seat, and custom tool box with racks and modified soft cover.

Full story.. here: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...topic=17275&hl=

Best car ive every owned. Can't get enough of this!

Gold Coast (soon to be Forest Lake - Brisbane)

Aug 2004 Mandarin 5 speed XR6T Ute with 18" rims and 6 stacker CD.

1st day I've had it so quite happy with it at the moment.

Only mods (already on 2nd hand ute): SS Inductions CAI, BMC air filter.

Future mods: A cheap but reliable premium brake solution would be a REALLY good idea as well.

BMC now replaced by K&N filter.

Future plans.

EDIT

or

340KW Kit done through RDP (Redcliffe Dyno).

Edited by XR6TU

Gold Coast (soon to be Forest Lake - Brisbane)

Aug 2004 Mandarin 5 speed XR6T Ute with 18" rims and 6 stacker CD.

1st day I've had it so quite happy with it at the moment.

Only mods (already on 2nd hand ute): SS Inductions CAI, BMC air filter.

Future mods: A cheap but reliable premium brake solution would be a REALLY good idea as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:brightidea:

Welcome to the forum XR6TU, enjoy your stay but look out for those evil moderators as they can be quite nasty at times (actually most of the time).

Trent.

PS:

- Have you managed to get the grin off your face yet?

- Why aren't you out doing laps?

- Is Forest Lake actually Brisbane?

mines shockwave, 70mm lower at the rear, 35 at the front. 18" chromies

2 cai,removed ctr muffler and capa edit. 3" builders racks, tint 6 stacker sub mats shift kit and fpv wheel. Valve springs letting me down, so soon it will be valve springs and injectors and aim for 270-285 rwkw cause that's enough in a work ute.

Edited by turtle33

Man, I was just having a browse and realised I never posted my ute. Doh!

XR6 Turbo Mk II. April 05 build.

Velocity paintwork

Full leather interior

XR scuff plates

XR mats

XR spotlight and light protectors

Aux input (for ipod)

Power converter (for running/charging laptops, lights, ipods, phones, etc)

Bluey's ute mat (made from tyre rubber)

Tinted windows

Paint, leather, vinyl and carpet protection

Future mods

Ford Edit chip

2nd cold air intake

Illuminated window switches (bling bling ;)

... and maybe...

Sunroof

Colour screen and dvd player with mp3 support

... oh, and I should say OUR ute. My girlfriend and I bought each other half each for our 10 year anniversary. Good score I say :nono:

new to the site.... relatively...

rapid yellow 6/05 ute, premo sound ,hardcover, factory 18s, leather trim, leather wheel, factory tint, typhoon CAI, APS exhaust, 968 squirters, bigger bosch pump in tank , custom tuned at FIST... nice safe 271 rwkw.... and soon to be more...

love these damn turbo sixes...

North west NSW- 03 xr6t manual (blueprint) a few things done incl Flasher- currently reliving my youth.

These things go quite well actually, although a bit primitive in the handling department (poor rebound dampening and you gotta love those leaf springs!) and ordinary brakes. Plently of ways to improve it though! There are many good bits available. :laughing:

Mick

South Hedand W.A

Citric Acid XR6T Ute

19" chrome sphere's

GT stripes (black)

everything else stock :stirthepot:

Mick now from Esperance W.A

XR8 Magnet (Black) 6speed manual

just traded it

Bionic Blue Magnet

XR6T auto

much better car than the 8

no mods besides tint and last models rims

Luke from Perth WA

03 phantom mica xr6t ute

factory premium brakes

factory hard cover

originally four speed auto now Mal Woods T56.

Nizpro Plenum and Cooler

APS exhaust

EBC Green Stuff pads and DBA 4000 Series Rotors.

Turbosmart E-Boost2

Extreme Ford Tuning tuned.

19" AMG Strada Modular's In Shadow Chrome.

(too many other bits that have come and gone than i can remember.... :laughing: )

Last Dyno Run 345rwkw...Detuned to around 310/315..needs bigger injectors.....

Forged Piston and Billet rods coming soon... :msm:

Thought I better register in,

2006 BF Ute, 6 Auto,

as far as mods in conserned, im looking at;

-EDIT

-Stage 2 of one of the packages on offer

-Front brake upgrade something like a AP Racing 4p.

-Lowering - drop it on its guts.

otherwise, im very happy with it, when she does a 12sec day-in-day-out pass ill be more then happy :msm:

Living in the Land of the Speed-limitless highways (yes they do exist muahhahahah)

Alice Springs (what a hole), NT :spoton: