301.8rwkw Fg Xr6t

djkice

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 8m 7d

Another FG in here.

Ill post dyno sheet once I scan it.

Unfortunatly turbo and CAI are nearly at peak.

Next is CAI, Intercooler, Turbo upgrade.

No doubt it still is very nice to drive at the moment, sounds tough as with the exhaust also.

• Boost Addict

Just made it in here.

Was expecting a bit more but ran into some Turbo/CAI restrictions which are soon to be corrected and also the addition of Inter cooler + piping and aiming for the 350rwkw mark.

Let's just say the new turbo is great if your happy with the power it comes out with from the factory, it does give you that slight quicker spool. It was also fine running just a tune on it.

Having driven a mates car making similar power, I can say my car makes quite good power down low and quickly but lacks top end. Also having been in XF Falcon's car, that the approximate power level where I want to be at.

3018.jpg

• Boost Addict

Turbo wise im going the T04Z 66mm Compressor wheel, upgraded bearing assembly, upgraded .7 compressor cover, upgraded actuator and larger wastegate

Suprised you have more torque on a factory exhaust but is probably because you have the CAI.

I think I need to do more investigatign about the turbos before deciding on what mods to get done to it.... Have you had any recommendations Benny?

Edited by djkice

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

The FG XR has a smaller turbo, most beleive it will max out around 325-350rwkw. Once the cooler and CAI goes on the power should be able to climb a bit higher in the top end...

• Member For: 15y 2m 3d

hey good to see some numbers coming for the fg mine is booked in for next friday lots getting done including cooler and intake I also want to look at the turbo upgrade seen 400 + rwkw with upgrade you mentioned.

Ric.

• Boost Addict

that 400+ is a built engine mate, with turbo I should reach goal of 350... might hit 375 if lucky

Turbo needs upgrade because the compressor wheel is different to FG F6 and BA/BF T's. It is confirmed that the turbo runs out at 310-330 and running it at that level of power it is very inefficiant and cuts top end.

good luck with yours RXIT, I put a deposit on a cooler too so hopefully I will get rest of mine done soon after yours

Edited by djkice