Fg front end knock

JETLAG

• Member For: 7y 7m 13d

Hey guys. I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I can't find much about it so posting again. Bit of back story. I have a 2010 fx6 xr6T. Done about 110k. For the last few months I have had a knock in the front end. Sounds to me like it's coming from the front right. I can feel it through the pedals and through the foot well. I have a slight vibration in the steering wheel also. 

I have replaced springs all round and shocks in the last month. Upper control arms and sway bar link pins and the knock is still there. Have had it looked at twice. First time telling me it was shock/ control arm bush so have replaced them. Second was a maybe sway bar links as no other obvious issue.

Can someone please help me out with some other possibilitiesas at the moment I'm about to start changing things just for the fun of it.

Cheers 

When you say top bolt are you refering to the link pin? There is 4 that go up from underneath that hold the sway bar to the vehicle but not sure about any others apart from the link pins which I changed last Thursday so I know they are sweet.

I also should have mentioned that the sound is only noticeable when turning left or at high speeds. Doesnt seem to matter if I'm braking or not and the harder I take the corner the worse it is. Also does it at high speeds going straight if it's bumpy enough

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kink said:

Howd you go Jetlag, any progress?

Hey mate not yet. Was in darwin for trade school so took it to a workshop up there but apart from saying the lower control arm bushes are a bit warn they weren't able to find it. ( the infamous didn't make the noise when they test drove it trick ) but I'm home now so will jack it up today or tomorrow and have another look and go from there. Will be ordering the new lower control arm bushes and swapping them anyway

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 11d

Do you have poly bushes on the caster arms? Mine are Superpro (I think) and came with large steel washers that go either side of the bush. On my 09 FG one of these washers was catching on the body mount, causing a clunk whenever the caster arm moved a bit - ie turning, braking etc. A couple of suspension places couldn't find the cause - gave me the sh*ts for over a year before I found what it was.