Girdle comparison

molch

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 27d

Hi guys,, im looking at a girdle for my engine build and being on a budget every hundred I save on a component really adds up.

I wanted to find out if anyone has experience with the below girdles and what power output they were putting out?

Atomic - #306254 - Atomic main cap girdle - 10mm thick suit FG-on Ford 6 cyl Street application $ 495.00

Mace Engineering - 10mm Aluminium, MAIN CAP GIRDLE FORD FALCON BARRA XR6 BA BF FG FG X 4.0L 6 CYLINDER $ 350

Spool - 10mm steel. SPOOL XR6 main cap girdle - $425

Procomp Electronics - machined from 1045 steel - $250

Sonic Injection - Manufactured from 10mm Medium Carbon mild steel  - $225

I am leaning towards being brand generic with this but up for advice from those with experience?

• Member For: 10y 5m 28d

Went to use a sonic on a built AU motor recently and bolt holes didn't line up properly without flexing main studs I would send them the stock girdle to ensure holes end up in the right spot if buying one. Atomic one turned up looking like a 4 year old had used the die grinder to de burr the holes with most bolt down surfaces having burr marks all over them.

Want something that fits properly without worrying I would ring Jason at Tunnel Vision turbo charging.

Can't comment on the others as this is all I've used other then the current one that we had laser cut from a stock girdle and then drilled the holes ourselves.