Best tyre widths and type for 1/4 mile

Jon Ox

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

I had a look at those superpro offset arms again.  They are close to $1K. I have 4 of those trailing arms already so I intend welding them up the same way they have. A very easy job making those arms. Also on their website they recommended 51 to 55 offset and on second checking my measurements I think closer to 53mm offset on 19x10 will get a 305 tyre entirely under the guard when lowered. Thanks for the pointer. I found an American rim company that does custom PCD, custom offset and custom centre bore (I hate centering rings) on a cheaper FlowForm Forge constructed rim. Still checking them out but they have a couple of nice styles called the FS1 and FS2 that am considering. The company is MRR wheels.

Edited by turbotrana
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 7y 8m 2d
On 23/06/2017 at 8:22 AM, camo86T said:

If you could get a 32"x14" MT drag slick under your BA's arse you'd be laughing... :) 

But MT ET street radials are what seem to be the go for these cars, don't waste your time looking for something to put on your 19's.

As it turns out I noticed a guy on Ford Forums has a set in 275/40/17 on a pair of BA 17's that have done 6 passes for $500

Pretty good buy imho

Link below

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=5917207

sh*t I am helpful eh

I purchased these. OMG what a massive difference it is to have some traction