2011 XR6T..any way to REDUCE power / throttle for wife

steve172

• Member For: 6y 9m 24d

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated, valet tune would be good but then a pain for when I get in, will check out throttle controller...maybe the 4x2 and duct tape is the future :-) cheers

• Member For: 8y 11m 22d

The power instock trim she be fine with, it ya rimz getting trashed on kerbs and front spoiler being ripped off on concrete parking blocks that more the issue, as my mate found the hard way on both his good cars ( F6 and Calais.) It's what they seem to do best.

Hahaha........

• Like 3

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Yep more of a worry is the external bodywork.  I'm lucky my other half isn't keen on driving with a trailer on and so I never have to worry about her crumpling the rear quarters...does mean I have to drive every time we need to tow something though!

She can also drive it fine normally - 320rwkw and automatic.  

I guess you would want to point out she should not panic and stomp on the pedal in an emergency though unless you've let her give it WOT in safe surroundings a few times, just so she knows what to expect.  If she's only ever driven Camrys etc it might scare her (even stock).

Funny how even modding to hugely increased power the feeling becomes normal after a while for us regular drivers though.

Edited by discostig
  • Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

relax steve its not a Ferrari stock form they are very manageable. not need to alter it depending who drives it.

my wife drives my 450kw ute and she thinks its stock with a exhaust. 

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

haha

exactly, this is the first time ive heard someone wanting to de tune a stock xr. 

steve these xrs take very little time to get used to, you and your mrs will be fine.