Possible headgasket

molch

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

Yeah e85 is way more forgiving and pretty hard to detonate but run it lean with enough boost and it will detonate. I would like to sit down and work simulate the maths at what point this could happen at, but I'd rather spend time researching components and good stuff :) and just make sure I don't get that recipe. 

e85 will pre-ignite if you have the right hot spots and too rich conditions can also cause some bad results for e85.

17 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

No I didn't mean that man. Fwiw you seem to be picking it up and understanding it rather impressively.

Yeah definetly learnt a stupid lesson I won't repeat. I had also been using and tuning the wastegate all day and it turned out it had a leaking diaphragm and oring. This compounded the problem. So second lesson is triple check used parts before trusting them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Parts coming together. Got the rods and main bolts for a great price thanks to eBay 20% off for Father's Day sale! 

AAgFCKb.jpg

• Like 3

• Donating Members

So I was looking into these as an option of having more power down low. My understanding is

lpg ba. 10.7:1

lpg bf-fg 10.3:1

lpg fg mk2 + 12.0:1

I was standing in a a wrecker at Tuggerah ready to load up an egas to a trailer but it was so rusty and covered in oil I didn't want to part with my $500 for it in the end so pulled the pin at the last minute.

I don't think there are anyone making forged pistons from 2618 steel over 9.0:1 for the bars? But I have to admit I didn't search too far for the softer composition pistons.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Weld the head, grind it to shape and deck it? 

That'll be cheaper albeit more time consuming than using a wrecker donk.

I haven't checked to see if it would work but it might.