UNMODIFIED 2014 FG MkII Quarter Mile [VIDEO]

jellis

• Member For: 7y 1m 24d

Hi all,

I took my, recently purchased, ex pig rig FG Turbo to the Race4Real meet at Eastern Creek (WSID).

I managed to get a little bit of in car footage (I missed the first run... because I'm forgetful).

The car is completely stock. Hopefully this helps some of those "I have a stock xr6 turbo what do youse guys reckon itll run down the quarter?" questions that ALWAYS pop up.

Cheers.

• Like 3

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Great feeling isn't it? :D

Got a 12.8 too stock (first time I'd ever been to the track to boot)

I honestly had no idea what to expect and would have been wrapped with beating the GTHO's 14.4 ;)

The smile on my face caused my cheeks to ache the next day :wwww:

Best part was I had a couple of mates come up in the car with me and none of us knew what to expect.

edit: inb4 cop chip comments ;)

• Member For: 7y 1m 24d

Amazingly simple car to drive. Massive fan. I've been a Subaru guy for many years - this was just a "I need some space for the kids, something I can tow with... and something with a bit of power". I'm impressed that people are getting into high 10's with relatively minor modifications. Just outstanding.

Yes, happy to have the "cop chip" comments. I've booked in for some dyno pulls this time next week. Essentially just baselining everything about the car so I can make informed and measured decisions regarding enhancements in the future.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Yeah - the drag strip makes for the perfect tool to even out any dyno results :)

Not wrong about simple to drive - I have no issues letting my almost 80yo mum drive the car - back in the day a 12 second car would have been lumpy as all fark and far too violent for her - now it's smoother than her old smoky Camry and probably only drinks as much juice.

Make sure you take into consideration the supporting mods with the enhancements - they don't add power, but will help make sure the car keeps up with the power you do make.

I'd always been "need some space for the kids" with 7 seater 4wd's (other option was a minivan) - spent a fair bit of time looking once the chains were loosened - almost bought a WRX, but ended up going with the Falcon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 18d

Well done, and the video footage is appreciated.

The FG XR6/G6E Turbo range in standard form seems to be showing elapsed times at the drag strip anywhere from 12.509 (the quickest that I am aware of personally), up to the 13.50 range.

Your car in the 12.80 range is at the pointy end of the standard car spectrum, however it seems that the "slower" cars tend to pick up the slack when tuning takes place.