Michelin Pilot Ss Or Continental Csc 5P

PookeyMaster

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

Hey Guys,

So the factory Dunlops are finally at the end of their life and in need of replacement on my G6ET. After doing a heap of looking around, I've narrowed my search (245/35/R19) down to the Michelin Pilot Super Sport and the Continental ContiSportContact 5P. The feedback I've read seems to be that the Pilot SS are superior particularly in the dry but need a bit of heat to perform their best and suffer in the wet while the CSC 5P has less grip but is more consistent in performance in both the wet and dry.

Has anyone used both of these and have comments on them? I found a couple of people who were running the Pilot SS on their Rears and the CSC 5P on their Fronts to get the best of both worlds.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35R19 - $305

Continental ContiSportContact 5P - $355

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 23d

I haven't used either but a guy at work has just changed out his conti 5s on his HSV and put on the Goodyear F1 A2 and he said they are way better quieter more wet and dry grip and not as expensive. As im also up for new rears on my G6et but I will be sticking with the Hankooks.

Edited by gsd112

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 3m

Currently trying to make up my mind between Pirelli Pzero's, Continental 5p's and Goodyear eagle's?....
Has anybody else any experience with these?....

• 3 months later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 3d

I had 4 Continental SportContact 6 fitted today 245/35/19 . Put about 100km on them this afternoon . Really impressed with the grip available in the cooler weather . Should be awesome once the weather warms up.

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

On 08/08/2016 at 5:53 PM, LU82 said:

I had 4 Continental SportContact 6 fitted today 245/35/19 .

I like contis, I find they perform really well in the wet, how much did it set you back for them in that size?