Fg Xr6 Turbo Mii

Banto

• Member For: 8y 10m 9d

HI, Does anybody ever have trouble with error codes coming up on the dash. For instance CHECK ENGINE followed by a loss of power and only seems to rectify by turning the engine off and then restarting and most recently the ENGINE MANAGMENT LIGHT has come on followed by the CHECK ENGINE and a radical loss of power.Still under new car warranty the Ford DEALERSHIP could not find a fault 12 months ago when this issue started and as this has continually gotten worse. I took it back on Friday 11/06/15 at 8am and got it back at 4.30pm and was told by the Service Advisor that they were unable to fix it even though it went in to error on there diognostic equipment.So now it idles at about 700rpm and when I stop it climbes up to 1000 rpm before settling back at a high 700rpm. It seems to me that the idle speeds have been increased so as to hopefully prevent further error codes from accuring. The Service Advisor advised me that an internal HOT LINE to FORD had been contacted and that they were waiting for a response by this Monday 15/06/15 or Tuesday at the latest.Just on the side I recieved my vehicle back in what can only can be decsribed as a total lack of regard for a customers car as I have had to wipe down all the greasy hand prints on the interior and exterior of the vehicle rewash and vacum.I know this may sound petty but I did not take it in there in that condition.I feel as though they have brushed me off and feel I will have pay someone with vastly more knowledge than my local FORD DEALERSHIP if I ever hope to resolve this issue.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 4d

Firstly :welcome2: secondly the Fraud service department have earned the moniker for being crap.

Try another dealership and see how you go. Is the car tuned or stock ?

Lot's of variables to consider. My advice would be to take it to a reputable tuner and throw it on the

dyno and see what's what and go to Fraud with that info.

I've happily voided my drive line warranty on 3 T6's rather than let the pie fetchers anywhere near my car.

Where are you located ? Hopefully others more familiar with FGs will be along shortly

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 8y 10m 9d

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The car is stock and I live on the coast border N.S.W and Q.L.D. I have a good guy here who does Dyno and VCM Suite. He is pretty good and honest. Once the car is outa new car warranty I'll take it to this bloke but in the meantime have to put up with it.