Turbo Issue, No Boost

Marc McDonald

• Member For: 14y 5m 8d

Cheers guys, as I'm looking to upgrade in the near future I've been trying to avoid a brand new turbo + retune :) There was this that caught my eye though, full rebuild with new CHRA etc. From HyperGear, seem to have a pretty good reputation? I've removed the factory screen etc. this weekend already (Lesson learned too late!)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-XR6-turbo-GT3582-turbocharger-full-rebuild-service-Made-to-last-and-perform-/200946410843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2ec956e55b

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

I still think if you're flogging it off soon. Just buy a used gt3540/gt3582 or whatever its called... No tune, straight swap...no hassles?

Your 1k price is BS....seen several in the last few months in the $500-$750 range.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d

If you are going to sell it put another stock one on and be done with it.

I just fitted one of the mamba ones and although it will perform well there are some overboost issues atm.

Still sorting them out,Something you would not want to do if you were paying someone else to do.

Has a 40mm flapper and large hole 36/38mm if I remember correctly but would have to check my notebook.

Its not an actuator issue as I mechanicaly had the gate open pre engine running and then tested it running while open and still had the problem of 22psi plus.

Hasnt been ported like I did on the oem one which I will do shortly but the new exhaust housing looks like it is smaller internally than the original one.

Car has the usual 4'''dump 100 cell cat twin 2.5'' exhaust system.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 25d
On 9 June 2015 at 8:11 PM, JVK said:

Has a 40mm flapper and large hole 36/38mm if I remember correctly but would have to check my notebook.

Its not an actuator issue as I mechanicaly had the gate open pre engine running and then tested it running while open and still had the problem of 22psi plus.

Hasnt been ported like I did on the oem one which I will do shortly but the new exhaust housing looks like it is smaller internally than the original one.

Car has the usual 4'''dump 100 cell cat twin 2.5'' exhaust system.

Hi JVk, old post revival but did you sort the overboosting with the Mamba exhaust and internal gate with porting or did you do something different?

Edited by molch
Spelling

• 1 month later...

Hi molch, sorry for the late reply but I have not been on the forum much lately.

Ended up porting the housing  and mainly in the area leading up to the port itself and blending the entry.At the end of the day it was much better but still not how I would of liked.

The turbo itself performed very well but was a pain initially to set up. If I had to do it all again I would just go the garret gtx or std turbo with a billet wheel.