Fg Xr6T Aircon Is Rubbish

• Member For: 9y 9m 24d

My Fg September 2010 build has crap a/c also. Climate control set to cold vent temp struggles to get to 7.0 degrees while at h/way speeds and goes up to 8-9 at idle at the lights. Very average at best, have played around with gas amounts to get compressor to stay on for longer than 10-15 seconds but still no luck. I put it down to poor design.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 24d

Never been the best in my turbo ute. The fg work ute had condenser leak so I charged it a bit more than ford spec. Works very well now, putting it down to ford running the minimum required charge to save a few $$$.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d

Ok so an update. I scored myself a snap-on solus ultra diagnostic thing :)

I got I guy I know who does Aircon to come and have a look.

What we found from the scan was that the post evaporator sensor was detecting -13 and turning the compressor off. Even with engine turned off and fans still running it was at -2 even though the air blowing over it was like 30 deg

My mate reckons it's the HIM unit that probably needs replacing as he thinks that the stuffed sensor is part of the whole unit. He isn't sure.

God dam ford dealership. As you can see from my posts above they could not work out the problem following three visits to them for it and 30 mins with my mate and this diagnostic tool we worked it out. Surely fords own diagnostic machine is better than the generic snap-on one.

Any way so what's the go, is the post evap sensor part of the HIMM and I have to replace the whole thing. Can I do it myself or does it need to be programmed to my ecu thing by ford.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d

Ok so I got the part and fitted it and the aircon is now fixed!!!!! After two years I finally have aircon again and no thanks to ford.

So for me, the intermittent aircon issue was the post Evap sensor

It's was just this $30 part

post-12481-145161553828_thumb.jpg

One tip for the fg you don't need to take out the ICC just take out the glove box and the bit on the side of the centre console. Learned this the hardway.

• Like 11

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d

Thanks for posting up the part and the fix norrs. There will be a lot of guys with fg models that will be happy with this info.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

In case the image gets lost in a server upgrade (like I've seen before) the Part No is BG19T563A with description "SENSOR ASSY EVAPORATOR'

• Like 2

• Member For: 9y 9m 24d

Great result norrs.

I might have to purchase one and see if it helps my fg out. Is it just fit and connect and the a/c works as designed??

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 25d

Ok so I got the part and fitted it and the aircon is now fixed!!!!! After two years I finally have aircon again and no thanks to ford.

So for me, the intermittent aircon issue was the post Evap sensor

It's was just this $30 part

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1451615537.156336.jpg

One tip for the fg you don't need to take out the ICC just take out the glove box and the bit on the side of the center console. Learned this the hardway.

I'm sure that you will be happy now there is aircon. :)

I lived in Darwin many years ago and cant imagine not having aircon in my car!!!!!

Disappointing that the Ford dealer is so crap.

I've read many so many bad reports of dodgy Ford dealers on this forum, so much so that I do all my own servicing.

I also had an issue with my aircon not turning the compressor on, battery was flogged, bought new battery, aircon fixed.

Thanks for posting the fix. :spoton:

Edited by bloodycrashboy

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 18d

I fitted a new yellow top battery a while back and that didn't fix my prob with the compressor not turning on every now and then