Car Stolen

Xr50

• Member For: 10y 7m 15d

^^^Wtf? Read post above yours mate.... :P

more in response to captain retard and the comments about agreed value being changed. Anyone with agreed value policies might pay to check the pds and see if and when agreed value gets altered by the insurer
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

Insurer will send out new policy every year? Therefore read what the new "agreed value" is and then change provider if you can find someone who can insure for more?

that's what im about to do with the mrs car...it has super low kms (but old) and therefore one place had max agreed of $3100 and new insurer has $4500

But agreed...check yalls sh*t out; no point paying a premium for fark all coverage :/

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Member For: 10y 7m 15d
Insurer will send out new policy every year?

Na they haven't for me. Was insured by swann insurance for about 5 yrs - no pds ever. Now insured by sgio - no pds ever. Have you actually seen / read the pds from your insurer?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

PdS...no (pretty sure its the same document every year?) Isnt PDS just the insurers terms & conditions in regards to the type of policy I.e. PDS for full comprehensive Insurance or PDS for third party, etc?

But AAMI send out "policy renewal" document or something; before policy expires each year. Which shows new premium, current details, whats covered, etc and then current agreed value?

Pretty sure that should be a legal requirement for all insurance companies? Maybe Swan and SGIO are dodgy hahahah

But back on topic.... hope your car comes out all sweet OP! :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 7d

Well picked my car up yesterday and its all good. Full respray and all stolen parts replaced with new factory parts so all in all I'm pretty happy considering.

New door and ignition barrels and 2 new coded remotes.

Was really concerned how I'd feel about it but driving it around yesterday and today I think I'm happy to have it back.

Gonna stick on some new rims and probably fit an alarm and tracking system.

God I love these cars.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 9d

Hi Guys,

A suggestion. Zip off to Bunnings and buy one of these for $39. DANG AGAIN! Can't paste the URL!

Google +bunnings +sandleford +safe to see this $39 safe. I understand that modern anti theft systems mean that cars are more frequently stolen using keys from the house, so a safe for any spare keys is not a bad idea.

It's not hard to lift an engine start relay from the fuse panel under the bonnet. That's likely to stop the average knob car thief out for a joy ride.

PAH

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

Again. Why hide keys?

If someone is breaking in to steal a car.. Let them take the car.. That's why we pay insurance.. I'd rather that than my kid being in harms way..

Personally I've been on the receiving end of a star picket post to the face in a break in gone bad.. So yeah my opinion is a bit biased..

• Like 2

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

I get it if you're talking a restored classic that's irreplaceable and could never be insured adequately...but otherwise yeah fck that.