X Force Or Nizpro Exhaust? Plz Help

blacksuperman

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

Reduction in diameter helps keep gas velocity up as the gas cools as it travels through the system. Tapers down to 3.5 just before the centre muffler.

He said back earlier in the thread before it went to sh*t..

Looks like some of the newer SMB systems taper on the dump though...

I'm actually finding this quite interesting.. Normally I only deal with water in a pipe.. So it's not pulsing flows or anything like that..

Edited by Sharp Dressed Panda

• Member For: 13y 8m 8d

Just a couple of thoughts on this.

Firstly I think that one could adopt the factory strategy. Which uses the centre muffler as the reducer. What would mean that you could run a 4 inch system into a 3.5 inch centre muffler and exit. Surely X-force could provide such an arrangement. But if not its just a matter of taking it into an exhaust shop. Secondly, the power figure that is able to cope with this configuration would be up to 420RWKW's I suggest. So if going over that then the equation would go from a 4 1/2 inch from dump/cat into a 4 inch. Working back on 300rwkw's, should look something like 3 1/2 inch into a 3 1/4 inch.Just throwing some idea's around, because there are so many benefits to a properly balanced exhaust. Such as Power and economy.

I have added this as it may also be helpful.

http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator5.php

Cheers

Edited by Impellor

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 11y 8m 8d

do not believe there is an exhaust out there that will improve economy on these cars over what the car has fitted standard while driving normally

When I fitted my 3" catback from Xforce it improved economy,the car was in std tune also.Its still the exhaust I run now.I know why this happened but won't go into in this thread.