Extended New Car Warranty For The Xr6t

Mondie

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m

I had a wynns extended warranty back in the late 90's. Tempreture sensor went bung and they couldnt agree on the cost with the repairer and they would only pay half. Then the timing belt broke and stuffed the engine. Needed a whole new motor and they refused to cover that but they did pay for the new timing belt to a stuffed engine.

Never again!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 21y 2m 21d

I got the Ford Australia extended warranty for around $1000 which I thought was reasonable value for the further 3 years - I've done this with all of the past Fords I have had - I have found it also helps with the resale of the car (not necessarily the price - just more 'saleable') as the extended warranties are transferrable and buyers like it if they still have some sort of factory cover. These cars are complex bits of machinery and I see the extended warranty as not bad value. My past experiences are that I have always gotten the value (and more) from the extended warranties with the work that has been done over the extra three years.

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 2d
Its a waste of money and it doesn't cover much at all in comparison to your 3yr 100,000km warranty.

One would of thought that the Mployeze would have better product knowledge than that

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 18d

Just got the prices for the Ford Factory Extended Warranty.

Time Extension takes you to 100,000klm's

12 month $965

24 month $1065

36 month $1265

Time and Distance Extension

12 month $1265 to 120,000klm's

24 month $1365 to 140,000klm's

36 month $1565 to 160,000klm's

As I'm only looking at having less than 100,000klm's up at the end of 6 years I think I'll purchase the 36 month 100,000klm extension.

Don't like the possible costs of turbo damage while I still own the car. Anyway trade it in before 100,000klms could have it's advantages too.

• Member For: 18y 9m 23d

I got mine through Allianze. $1360.00 3 year or up to 160,000km bought it over the phone through Sunshine Ford. Just blew the turbo in my T and didnt have to pay a thing. Can take it to any mechinical shop I like.

Paul

Edited by Cowiesxr6t

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m

Who here has car insurance, probably most of us have full comprehensive, then isnt the Ford extended warranty just another from of insurance.

If you prang your car, then your insured for this purpose. If the motor blows up at 3 years and 1 day then your covered by your extended warranty insurance.

All insurance is piece of mind just incase the worst happens. I think about 1000 bucks for an extra 3 years, through Ford is great peice of mind.

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 20d
Agreed Savage,

As for Value, I think it is great, even for modded cars.  If your ICC is toasted. it will be a $3500 experience out of warranty, and there are many other non driveline examples that will cost you big $$'s if you do not have some coverage.

Can you please explain how you would expect to get a warranty claim when your car is modded?????

Nearly everyone that has something to add here is stock...would I be right?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 18d
the ford extended warranty, is that the exact same as the 3 year warranty only extended or are there other clauses?

anyone know?

thanx

The Ford Extended Warranty is exactly the same warranty you had for the first 3 years.

But as I mentioned in a previous post, the one I bought has a limit of 100,000klm's.

Paid for mine today, and it will automatically start when the existing warranty expires.