Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Member For: 15y 8m 15d

You will always feel full after a shake. I feel full simply due to the amount of water I take in while working out. But getting big as I'm sure Stifler was tell you isn't about eating to feel hungry it's about fueling the muscles and you need more than 3 squares a day to do that.

It's also my biggest issue ATM with putting on size. I'm getting better but after hating my body for so long I am almost phoebic about putting on fat so sometimes if I feel a little bloated ill just starve myself which is sending me backwards! Well I'm getting super lean and a lot harder just not putting on enough size.

But I'm taking the next 2 weeks away from the gym and then I'm going to hit the mini program Stifler sent me and see how I go. I haven't had more than 3 days off in a week since starting in July. Most weeks 6 times and I'm just exhausted.

• Member For: 16y 2m 27d

Ok lads. Lots of advice going on in this thread. Who wants to post pics for cred points...?

No offence but I can just imagine a few weedy runts speaking out when they don't know crap.

Not saying I'm better than anyone, just interested to see who's got their sh*t together.

No ghey.

• Member For: 16y 2m 27d
That nuts dude. Shake, maccas then dinner at home.

Must have been smashing the weights.

That's bullsh*t. Anyone who does that for more than a few weeks is gonna start increasing body fat percentage. Bulking is a terrible term. The whole point of bodybuilding is to be slightly calorie surplus so your body can build. Give it heaps more and it just means you're gonna have to bust a nut doing more cardio.

Eat big, but eat clean. With the amount of food you will need you'll have hard enough time dropping the fat in all the clean food your taking in.

I think some people don't understand that if you eat poorly it doesn't matter what exercise you do.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 25d

Having studied a health science I agree in theory with what you're saying MadF6 but I've heard of a few people who have used McDonalds to maintain a high calorie diet.

I wouldn't condone it myself but it does make one curious especially when you hear of people like Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps who have openly spoken of their 12,000 calorie junk food diets.

Edited by _Velocity_

• Member For: 15y 8m 15d

It's all about macros. Protien, carbs and fat. Get it in anyway you can as your body doesn't know the difference.

I don't follow IIFYM because I feel like sh*t when I eat junk but it can and does work. And I can assure you MADF6 there are some very big and experienced boys in this thread so I wouldn't call bullsh*t on anything that's being said.

As for pics, I threw some progress shots up a few pages back but I'm still pretty small. How about you get the ball rolling.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 28d

I thing people got to understand.. A calorie is a calorie.. As long as you are getting the amount you need and Protien and the right fats.. If in a bulking phase it don't matter how you are getting those calories.

Have a look at the pros diets in the off season and some don't even look like body builders in the off season. Dieting it not that hard when done right of with assistance, if I did not meet my calorie intake for the day.. Straight to Macca's for a double qtr pounder.

• Like 1