What To Do In Melbourne?

turbo.vixen

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d

Hello to all my Mexican hombres, your beautiful town is in for the experience of a lifetime, Mr and (soon to be) Mrs Turbo.Vixen are coming to visit in a couple weeks. So I thought id jump on here and ask for your advice on what to do around town...

We are still young and wanna do fun stuff, so please throw some ideas on the table and help out a couple of sight-seeing honeymooners!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 11m 24d

Arrive, whinge how cold it is and go to Crown :)

Drink at crown and be merry.

Go outside and watch the gas jets go off at night and enjoy the warmth before whinging about it being cold!

Go to MG's (But comment about how good the turbo would like the cold air there so you dont upset the missus before you get into MG's)

Repeat :)

• Massive Tool
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 15d

How about getting away from the big smoke and doing a drive along the great ocean road?

or going to Broadmeadows to learn how these new wireless thingys work in the G6ET so Tab can use all the fancy gadgets in his grandpa car?

(I wont mention Ipod he thinks its something to do with a colostomy bag) :buttrock:

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

Chapel st, lygon st, st.kilda, city... Lots of good restaurants and bars at all locations. What are you into clubs, bars, relaxing?????? If you want to get out and about the mornington peninsula. Great tepenyaki on chapel st. Not cheap though!

:buttrock:

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d

Id love to drive the great ocean road but as im flying there it wouldnt be the same in a hire car, ill wait for a road trip to drive it.

Not sure about hitting the clubs with the missus but might try out some comedy clubs and bars

Shes into performing arts and art galleries so I guess she will wanna check out some of those, lucky there everywhere lol

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Melbourne is a fantastic city. Best in Oz IMO. Do the city thing Vic Markets etc.Get the Tram and do the city circle.

Great restaurants at the newish Dockside development.

The great ocean road, drive to Warnambool along the back road, find some accomodation get on the piss and have a good feed at the RSL

Set off along the GOR in the morning towards Melbourne. Overnight at Lorne is good.

Grampians, Dandenong ranges all good drives, as is the the Mornington Peninsula. Red Hill Estate is a great boozy lunch.

If you get a chance check out some live music and a feed at the Flower Drum, Silks or Vlados steak house in Richmond for the ultimate carnivors delight.

Damn I miss that city

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 7d

WOW Buf you make Melb sound soo good.. I've been here for years and I find it boring as hell LOL, I know I know its because ive been here for years...

Buf made some good suggestions, flower drum, silks etc.. arent the cheapest places but the salt n pepper squid at flower drum is to die for... If your gonna be there for the weekend you cant beat Chapel st, st kilda, Lygon st and even the City itself for an awsome night life (depending on the weather of course)Maybe head to Brunswick st, the folk there are fairly artsy (wierd IMO) go to a pub called Bimbos, won an award for best pizzas in Melb not long ago, and have a wierd selection of beers that might tickle your fancy..

Cheers Mike..