Off The Radar Tv Shows

ZAP

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

Looks alright but that maybe because I'm a huge Eddie Vedder Fan. It's the song at the start on the trailer. Song comes from his album Into The wild and a great album so many good songs.

• Like 1

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 21d

I couldn't get into narcos. Not coz its bad but because they speak too damn fast and I can't keep up with the subtitles

• Filthy weeb
  • Member For: 11y 1m 12d

Better Call Saul

YES YES I know it's been out for a good while, and it's been on my radar since Breaking Bad finished, but I've finally gotten around to it and it's excellent.

If you want to see how today's TV programming got given the term "the golden age" you can refer to the progenitor The Sopranos, or you can use current examples like Mad Men and this, Better Call Saul, for pinpoint-accurate writing. Of course, other facets are bang-on; cinematography, direction, editing, score, production design - the list goes on, attributing to why Hollywood is so scared about just how damn good television (especially that made in America) has got. The help of being a spin-off to one of the most critically-acclaimed shows of all time helps, but this is a show that stands firmly on it's own two feet and pays small lip-service to it's origins, the rest is practically perfection on it's own behalf.

For a show to zag when you're expecting a zig, no matter how bloody certain you are, is no small feat, and Vince Gilligan and his assortment of incredibly-talented collaborators have had enough experience to understand this, and build situations that go to the limit, and then further of what you accept, AND THEN THEY THROW PETROL ON THE FLAMES. No other show (besides Breaking Bad, duh) takes situations to their logical limits, then throws a curveball, then a sinker, then - maybe - they'll let it be. But that's the magic, that's the draw. Just what will happen? A lot of people watch enough TV and film these days to pick things early on, or to be unsurprised at what is supposed to be a shock twist. To achieve legitimate reaction is a rare thing these days, and I cannot wait to see how this show provokes me in the forthcoming season.

Edited by stubbietubbie
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d
Who else does not know who Andrew Dice Clay is?...
Spoken to two ppl about this show in the last 2 days and neither of them know who he is....I'm old...