First Mods Thread!

NVT

• Member For: 14y 10m 2d

Hi All

This is for PHANTMXR6, and anyone else who would like to answer, did you have any trouble fitting the xr8 intake/lower box? Did you notice and difference from stock? Does this void any warranty? Have you got a K&N in there?

Cheers

Arnie

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 15y 9m 9d

No trouble fitting it at all.

Had to mould a small section of the snorkel away from the drive belt and coolant pipes.

Personally, I didn't realy notice any difference. Sound or power.

To my knowledge, and after speaking to my dealer, nope.

No K&N here. I'm not willing to fit one until someone tests one.

Hope this answers your questions. :beerchug:

• 4 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 27d

Love those 20's pity they don't fit over brembo's or I would of brought a set ")

Answered My question... Bummer... any ideas what deep dish 20's will fit over brembos?

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4d

Invest in a SCT Xcal 3 flash tuner Approx $700 ( Ebay ), Get some bigger injectors Approx $500 ( Siemens Deka 60lb or 80lb )depending on how many mods you intend on dong in the future..and a custom tune and you should be close... If you have spare cash invest in a intercooler and a exhaust to free up your system...

Edited by tab
Quote removed

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 5d

Just a question with an aftermarket trans cooler for the BF 6 speed auto

Which product would any of you guys recommend, as the factory unit looks tad dodgy and doesn't seem to hold up well, everytime I change the trans fluid it feels like its pouring lava!

4 speed is easy as u can just route the coolers thru the radiator and back, but with BF 6 speed????

can somebody, anybody elaborate?

• 1 month later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

I just read through this thread and I didn't see reference to new spark plugs (0.8" gap) when editing (well I may have missed the mention). I was told that was needed for a custom tune with Xcal 3 edit.

Also, I had to change my oil billet cap on my '04 BA because the plastic thread had perished. Think that is a worthy mod before the bits of plastic break off get into innards and farrk up the whole engine. Darn still have not found an alloy billet cap at a Repco or Super Cheap Auto store yet to replace the plastic one another member kindly donated to me. May have to mail order one.

I might emphasis that getting the front brake rotor and pads replaced to db4000 rotors and (well I use) Race Brake RB24s pads is definite worthwhile first mod to get rid of chronic brake shudder in BAs. I have done that :turboboink:

• 4 weeks later...