First Mods Thread!

NVT

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 23d
Im very sorry to sound silly. Im keen to learn and since the ex made it hard financially for me to get a more up to date car.

Does one have to get their own tuner? Can you not just go to a workshop and they do it for a fraction of the cost? Im in Brisbane, ipswich to be exact.

Generally when we refer to 'tuners' we are referring to a workshop.. The workshop will tune your car using whatever software they have available (which may require purchase of a flash box).. Plenty of decent tuners around Brisbane and the gold coast also.

You need to find a good workshop and go talk to them about what you want out of the car.. But if you just want it tuned with an intake and zorst it shouldn't be too difficult.

Edit: missed your other posts. RDP has a good rep.. But if 1500 is alot of money remember tuning your car for more power could be opening a can of worms for things to break.

Edited by Sharp Dressed Panda

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 21d

But if 1500 is alot of money remember tuning your car for more power could be opening a can of worms for things to break.

soooooooo true.. Edited by spoken

• I <3 Floods

Yeah 1500 job would be ideal.. That probably is an Xcal 3 Flash Tune box and a custom tune done on their dyno.. To get the most out of it make sure that any other mods (Air Intake, Exhaust etc) are done before you take it in for tuning.

• Like 1

• I <3 Floods

Any intake mod really won't show much of a difference at all without the tune.. However tuning can maximise the benefit from it..

Exhaust if you do a full system it needs to be tuned right after it's fitted.. If you just do the cat-back section it doesn't really matter too much..

It's just a matter of getting more bang for your buck by doing those sort of things and getting it all tuned in one hit..