Handbrake Goes Up Real High

TurboDewd

• 7 months later...
Guest newl
  • Guests

I'd speculate that if the car has ever been in the shop to repair the "swish swish" brake problem that may have been the cause of the hand brake not working correctly.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 12d

I'd speculate that if the car has ever been in the shop to repair the "swish swish" brake problem that may have been the cause of the hand brake not working correctly.

The "swish swish" is when there are lips on the inner of the rotor (hand brake drum) and/or lips on the handbrake shoes, this causes the lips on the shoes to drag on the drum as if the shoes were adjusted in to prevent the swish, there wouldnt be enough surface are of the shoes to mate with the drum when the handbrake is applied, If you stick with my method of adjusting the handbrake then you get a handbrake that works sweet and no swish!

cheer

Mic

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 4m 20d

Arr the old dealership cable adjustment is always a good one, every handbrake adjustment I do at work, I always deadjust the cable first, then setup the shoe adjusts proply and finish off slight cable ajustment, depending on how streatched your cable is also.