Circuit Racing

sixfan

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 17d

Brilliant day at the track awesome weather and smashed another 1.6178 sec off my PB.

Car: BF XR6t

Circuit: Queensland Raceway (Sprint Circuit)

Time: 57.1209

Power: 405kw

Suspension: Tein

Tyres: Hankook

Brakes: PBR-M

Weight: 1890kg with driver

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Yeah I replaced the last of the rubber bushes in the rear end, re-tuned with a little more power and tweaked tyre pressures a little. I really need some down force, I had a massive spin through turn 1 in the 4th session. Hopefully next time I can make it into the 56's.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

Finally just scrapped into the 60's, I think if I had the guts to turn traction control off it could have been a low 59.

Car: BF XR6t

Circuit: Lakeside

Time: 60.952 sec

Power: 404kw

Suspension: Tein

Tyres: Hankook

Brakes: PBR-M

Weight: 1890kg with driver

• Donating Members

I only use it at Lakeside because all that Armco is just too close for my liking. With 400+kw and z214 the traction control still repeatedly comes on, I think It may be to do with then inside wheel lifting but I'm hoping some rear down force might fix it. Besides the blinking light you can tell when it's working, It's like going from 400kw to 300kw. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take so long to stop working after it's corrected the situation.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 10d

Yeah fair enough, none of us want to bin our dailys that's for sure. Wakefields not so bad for walls. I have accidentally left the traction control on and not noticed too much so can understand using it in your case, 300kw ain't bad, I've still got the stock ~225 kw.

What r u going to do for rear downforce?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 10d

That's wicked!! Where r u getting those? Have u reinforced the boot? There was a guy a few years ago looking at the V8SC rear wings that got told it would snap off over 100kmh without being reinforced. Much $$?

• Donating Members

The front splitter I made and the rear wing I bought off a company on ebay. The boot lid should just needs some extra support from underneath to spread the weight when it generates down force. The factory rubber stops would just compress too much otherwise. I think the wing cost around $600 and the splitter I made for about $100.