Boost Solenoid Maintenance

ZAP

• Member For: 17y 6m 22d
all done  :stirthepot:

thanks for the tips.  All helped me get the job done.

problem was the clamp was so tight that the hose was sort of stuck to the plastic.  Weird I know but got it off with a bit of twisting.  Just didn't want to break anything

cheers all

did you notice any differnce in doing this?

I try this awhile ago and didnt really do anything

but all you guys say it inproves alot lol.

mabye I need to put more in

some need lube some dont!!! :biggrin::crybaby:

• Good for nothing member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 4d

I had a crack at mine today. The process went smoothly til I statrted the car and it was rough as! It stalled then I started again drove off ang gave it to it. It seems to have saught itself out. The car seems to have a better seat of the pants feeling now. Maybe I sprayed to much silicon spray in it and that's why it was playin up??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 7m 23d
Nah,

I like my car the way it is.

Fast with a warranty :spoton:

:spoton: Zap....your a bloody legend!!! :bowdown:

Followed your steps (and I am in no way mechanically minded) and it was a piece of pi$$.....the results....WOW. :w00t2:

And with the above comment..............IM WITH YOU (until my warranty runs out that is) LOL :roflmbo:

• Member For: 17y 7m 23d
all done  :bowdown:

thanks for the tips.  All helped me get the job done.

problem was the clamp was so tight that the hose was sort of stuck to the plastic.  Weird I know but got it off with a bit of twisting.  Just didn't want to break anything

cheers all

did you notice any differnce in doing this?

I try this awhile ago and didnt really do anything

but all you guys say it inproves alot lol.

mabye I need to put more in

I'd stick to WD040 rather than silicon spray.

the little hose with the little clamp on it when all finsh do you just poke

the tube back in that's all?

:w00t2: To any sceptics that are thinking this is full of sh$t...you don't know what your missing out on. If you have lag or just a general feel the car has lost that oomf than do this and you WILL have a new car. The easiest way to do this is the following keeping in mind I am very much a novice when it comes to this type of mechanical work, I did it and I am converted. :roflmbo:

1.Disconnect battery

2. Remove Battery

3. Remove mounting plate holding solenoid b undoing the one bolt holding the plate

4. Gently slide the mounting plate holding the solenoid towards you. You only have a small amount of room to play with but enough to be able to pull the solenoid out into clear view giving you unrestricted access. Pull off the small hose connecting to the solenoid tube.

5. Spray inside the tube and hose with WD40 (Nothing Else). Give it a soakind of 2-3 seconds.

6. Put it all back together in reverse order.

7. Start the car and let it idle for 5 minutes.

8. Take it for a burn and enjoy the immediate response.

Just to see I took mine off traction control, :spoton: took off to the end of my street, went to pull out onto the main road as per normal, where I left is on a blind corner, as I pulled out a car was coming from the blind corner at speed, I gave it a bootfull and it ended up to one very nice, consistent 300 metre fishtail before I had to stop at the red light camera intersection. Once I regained my pulse and screamed in pure delight, I was rapt I'd spent the 15 minutes doing this. :spoton:

• Like 2