WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 18y 9m 8d

I nearly made that mistake the first night I had my 8, it had been raining and I decided to play with the traction control off (yeah, real gold idea there) thinking I would be able to handle whatever I did.

Big mistake...

About 500m from home, around a bend in the wet, I planted my foot, the car held and shot away, about 25m later there was a second bend, and I dropped her into second, the arse end danced for me, so now going sideways up a hill, I took my foot off the accelerator and steered slightly into the skid, she danced the other way as I crested the hill..

so cresting a hill going sideways, I was having the biggest heart attack...

Over the top of the hill, and starting down the other side, she dances again, only this time, the arse end over takes the front end and puts my front left tyre into the gutter, about a metre away from an old wooden light pole, bounced the nose up into one of those little yellow poles with the no standing sign on it and the arse end came to a scratching halt against a retaining wall.

I decided that this would be an extremely good lesson in how to leave the traction control on at all times unless on a grassy paddock or something with nothing to hit within a kilometre.

To this day, the traction control has stayed on...

Edited by XR8owner

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d

This is soooo true :spoton:

Last dyno day it was damp in patches, and I got caught in traffic while driving through the 'poly pipe' on our way to Hyperdrive in Malaga.

As we came out of the tunnel onto Mitchell Freeway, I planted my foot to catch up, and the rear stepped out at about 90 kph - quick corrective action and all was good, except for the change of underwear needed :laughing:

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d
This is soooo true :laughing:

Last dyno day it was damp in patches, and I got caught in traffic while driving through the 'poly pipe' on our way to Hyperdrive in Malaga.

As we came out of the tunnel onto Mitchell Freeway, I planted my foot to catch up, and the rear stepped out at about 90 kph - quick corrective action and all was good, except for the change of underwear needed :laughing:

Gotta love auto's and their total unpredictability. Plenty of threads on this forum of guys spearing their cars into walls, trees etc when kickback occurs in the wet and T/C has been turned off in the tune :spoton:

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 19d

rofl :spoton:

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 3m 12d

As we came out of the tunnel onto Mitchell Freeway, I planted my foot to catch up, and the rear stepped out at about 90 kph - quick corrective action and all was good, except for the change of underwear needed :spoton:

and your getting MORE power................................................... :laughing: lol

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

you can have as much power as you want but it's how you use it. I tend to want to use everything I got, so more power would be asking for trouble in my situation.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Been talking to Mal from Mal Wood automotive...looks like there might be a chance (if i pull my finger out and pay the man.... :spoton: ) that i'l have my six speed in by then...i wonder if Simon can get me my Nizpro bit and tune the car in time too....hmmmm..... :drivingalong: ...(please note i havent actually ordered the bits or paid Simon for them but thats irrelevant....they should be here already... :spoton: )

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 19d
Been talking to Mal from Mal Wood automotive...looks like there might be a chance (if I pull my finger out and pay the man.... :blink: ) that I'l have my six speed in by then...I wonder if Simon can get me my Nizpro bit and tune the car in time too....hmmmm..... :spoton: ...(please note I havent actually ordered the bits or paid Simon for them but that's irrelevant....they should be here already... :spit: )

lol I have a kit comming for a guy who isnt in any rush so ill ask him if I can use that for you and reorder the bits when we are all squared up :spoton:

3 kits due this week :msm:

Edited by Xtreme F6

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 4d

Hey guys, the cruise threads get a bit filled with off topic stuff so I have started this thread and moved the relevant posts in here... knock yourselves out :spoton: