afieldse@bigpond.net.au
  • Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

3,937 profile views
  1. Happy Birthday NT TURBO!

2. Yeah unless anyone else can shed some light, I think I'll buy new ones. :(
  3. Which is why I am sus, there is no numbers or markings of any kind...
  4. Ok, feeling a bit dopey, a case of seemed like a good idea at the time, I bought some second hand fuel injectors which I am told are 60lb daka siemens injectors, does anyone have pics of these or even stock ones to compare? Cheers
  5. Happy Birthday NT TURBO!

6. Thanks for the replies, I have just been playing with a cheap OBDII reader and the DashCommand software and was trying to get it as accurate as possible.
  7. Does anybody understand volumetric efficiency? I am trying to set up an OBDII link and one of the parameters is the VE, I understand there is a formula to calculate it but it would vary a lot depending on boost and revs. So when are the measurements taken to calculate volumetric efficiency? At idle,at cruise, on boost? has anyone already done this for a stock FG turbo? Cheers, Mick.
  8. Happy Birthday NT TURBO!

9. High chance, I'll let you know. Cheers
  10. Thanks, Chaos.....you're right, PM box now cleared $900ish?, my housing is scored, I am thinking its rooted, freights no biggy who's that through? Cheers, Mick
  11. Hi all, I joined this site when my BA was brand spankly back in 2002, 11 years later of really trouble free motoring and the turbo has shat itself. What are my options? Has anyone upgraded and have a stock garret in their cupboard they want rid off? What should I pay for a new turbo? Have I f@#$ed my motor too? No odd noises but crusty sh*t in the turbo oil line. intake fan has hit the housing. I didn't know about the oil filter on the turbo line, if this is maintained how many k's is the garret good for? as I am thinking second hand. What should I pay for a second hand unit? would it be worth rebuilding or is this something only garret can do? Any help would be so appreciated as this is my only family car and I don't have a lot of funds.
  12. Does anyone know where the battery for the factory alarm is fitted in a BA?
  13. Happy Birthday Mc2automotive!

'