• Days Won

sixman last won the day on September 21 2022

sixman had the most liked content!

191 Excellent

About sixman

• Birthday 20/11/1975

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Look for Ford headliner replacement. Lots of guys can do it, there are mobile ones that will come to you. Cost is circa $400
  2. Is your current cradle cracked/brocken? IM twin bush diff hat if your rebuilding it.
  3. The mk1 screen is better as it is bigger/brighter and doesnt lean back as much - so less reflections. I use this in my mk2. I vaguely remember seeing a post about a new even bigger 4k screen.
  4. How could this happen? The rag was in the intake pipe? How come it only went into the turbine wheel after 6 months? Shrapnel through the engine is disastrous.
  5. I have been using Kayhan unit for several years. If you have installed a car audio system or dash cams its very easy to fit and wire up. But its not quite plug n play, and I think that is what has caught people out. The V1 unit had problems, but the newer versions are fine. I have had no issues for years. They now have a cheaper unit that runs on linux rather than android. Good option if you use carplay or android auto. I think they have a bigger 4k screen as well. I still daily my car half the time, it brings the infotainment upto modern newer cars. I even run draggy on it lol
  6. I think they have a much cheaper linux based unit now. Makes more sense if using andoid auto or carplay as you dont need access to apps in the headunit anyway.
  7. sixman

VARi brake kits

Clearly he has a very small hand!
  8. Yeah, Iam worried the tuner has convinced the owner they did something wrong....
  9. Stock diff will be fine. I didnt realise how much aftermarket diffs now cost - save the money for wedding and house.
  10. With almost full lock and slow turn - feels like you hit the curb whn there is no curb! Doesnt happen very often though. I changed the diff when pulling apart for the twin bush hat, the stock diff is tuff if looked after. Damn, price has skyrocketed. I guess all parts are expensive now...
  11. Might have missed it, but are you changing the rear diff at the sametime? When I did mine years ago I chucked a wavetrac in, made a big difference with straight line traction, less spinning around unexpectedly.
  12. No, I wouldnt try and put a zf8 in our cars. I have only had manual barras anyway. Was trying to hypothesise if Ford Aus was still building Falcons what a new one today would look like. Maybe a 4 motor electric version?
  13. So reading about the new M3 xdrive and got me thinking what an xr6t would be like if built today by Ford Oz. Tune only M3 is running mid 10's! The guys at broadmeadow were always capable of a new improved platform. The ZF8 in the M3 would be a natural choice for an xr6t, clearly capable of handling big power. Maybe Ford Oz would have access to the Twinster AWD system from the Focus RS. imagine proper traction. What would they have done to the barra?
  14. I would not bother with expensive heavy overpriced intercoolers. In our usual hot 6 months they all get heat-soaked anyway no matter what people say, metal and heat just does not work. Just need a cooler that can flow enough for your power level, that is not a restriction to power. If you really want to lower IAT reliably and maintain power no matter the ambient temp - look at water/meth injection. I get the premixed stuff delivered to my door, non-flammable very safe. You would be surprised that a water/meth system is actually cheaper than many fancy coolers, lots of other engine benefits as well. If ths is a daily runabout and occasional track car stick with low mount. If a weekend warrior go high mount and external gate and unleash the beast! Driveshaft/twin bush hat/diff/brakes etc. are a must.
'