0 Neutral

About jessiexr6gal

• Birthday August 19

Profile Information

1. Happy Birthday jessiexr6gal!

2. Happy Birthday jessiexr6gal!

3. Happy Birthday jessiexr6gal!

4. Happy Birthday jessiexr6gal!

5. Has anyone organised a cruise for all us FNQ Cairns people any time soon...? Im keen...!!!
  6. Hey everyone thanks for all your comments and possible solutions... Mechanic had it for the whole week and they investigated ALOT of different possibilities... None of which resolved the problem. So they decided to change the ECU and put a flashtuner on it aswell, gave it back to me over the weekend and it has not happened again! Yay in one way because problem solved, not in another cos now I have to ring him tomorrow to tell him its all ok and pay for the bill!!!
  7. If Im going to need a external cooler anyways it would not be a bad idea to do then! Yeah seems like the process of elimination is sometimes the only way to go, diagnostic on cars are not always that easy... I got the car tris time last year and it has only just started playing up over the last week or so, but I took it straight to my mechanic when it first happened. It has a full service history from the previous owner aswell, who was an older male who was very reluctant to even sell it, but financially had to. He never drove it real hard and was the only owner from new, so I know it has been looked after its whole life!! I do have a great reliable reputable mechanic so at least I know Im not going to get taken for a ride. And before you baulk at that last comment, he is well known in town, very good reputation and expecially known for his mods and for his work with XR6T's. Also my brother in law worked for him a few years back.
  8. It is standard tuned at this point in time... The car is stock apart from a K&N Filter, been saving my pennies to do some mods on it... But now this has thrown me back to square one in regards to that!! :( It drives perfectly until it warms up, then it drives like a bag of crap and wont allow me to go over 2 rpm, it is like it literally hits a wall and I have no power. When the "D" flashes I have pulled over and stopped the car then resarted it and it still flashes... However if I leave it for 5 mins and restart it is fine... Until It warms up again. Im at a loss on what to do, only means of transport and with my mechanic unsure of a solid answer could be with him for some time yet so may end up costing me a far bit to fix... :( :( :(
  9. Hey, Thanks for replying! The transmission had a full service, new filter kit, fluid etc... It drives fine first drive of the day, until the engine warms up then the "D" starts flashing continuously. It doesnt appear to be hunting at all... It drives well - before this happens after it warms up. It has no other problems and I have it serviced regularly! I had a new battery put in about 6 weeks ago... When yours did this was it only the battery? I will get them to look at the battery connections tomorrow! Read another post on here from months ago that said they had the same issue and it was a broken wire that goes into the PCM... sO MANY DIFFERENT SCENARIOS FOR WHAT IT COULD BE!
  10. Hey Everyone!! My XR6T 2003 Auto is driving me insane... Problem is: Driving and all of a sudden the solid "D" on the dash will start consistanlty flashing and the car will go into what my mechanic is saying a safety limp mode and it will not go over 2rpm... still drives but very slowly... Seems to be doing this after the engine has warmed up. When it first happened I obviously took it straight to my mechanic and they hooked it up the computer and it was throwing out about 6 fault codes, they cleared them as it appeared none of those things were really actually wrong. It has since happened again and once again off I went to see my mechanic and they hooked it up and this time a code for a faulty solenoid came up. Told me best to replace it and also service the automatic transmission. Booked it in with them and had that all done but on my way home it did it again!! ALREADY!! Rang my mechanic straight away and he came and got my car and said unsure of what it is... Mechanic has had the car all day today and said that numerous fault codes are coming up, even the one for the solenoid that was just replaced, so assuming they are all “phantom” codes... They have a guy from a Automatic Transmission service centre looking at it later this week, but in the mean time any ideas??
  11. Fraud dealer... Lol. Had been suggested for me to take it the Ford dealership in town - but my ex husband works there... Could come back with more problems!! Lol...
  12. Thanks for replying!! I will talk to my mechanic about a trans cooler, because Im in Cairns and its always hot up here... Lol. But has never happened before. Was not driving hard when coming home after just having solenoid replaced etc, did look at temperature on dash and was sitting well under half way mark. Let you know how I go...
  13. Hey Everyone!! My XR6T 2003 Auto is driving me insane... Problem is: Driving and all of a sudden the solid "D" on the dash will start flashing and the car will go into what my mechanic is saying a safety limp mode and it will not go over 2rpm... still drives but very slowly... When it first happened I obviously took it straight to him and they hooked it up the computer and it was throwing out about 6 fault codes, they cleared them as it appeared none of those things were really actually wrong. It has since happened again and once again off I went to see my mechanic and they hooked it up and this time a code for a faulty solenoid came up. Told me best to replace it and also service the automatic transmission. Booked it in with them today and had that all done but on my way home it did it again!! ALREADY!! Rang my mechanic straight away and he came and got my car and said unsure of what it then could be... Any ideas??
'