jaye.hennes@hotmail.com
  • Website URL
    http://www.fordlaser.com

Profile Information

1. Happy Birthday end_user!

2. Happy Birthday end_user!

3. Happy Birthday end_user!

4. Happy Birthday end_user!

5. G'day Pat, My time for getting a XR6T is getting closer, by then I think I will be on this forum a little more. I would like to come down that weekend and check out the new FG Falcon range. Please add me in and I'll keep an eye on this thread. Thanks Jaye
  6. I was referring to the 6 spd manuals. So 15 psi is satisfactory for the engine and should give you good power increase. So a piggy back system is required? After reading around a bit, I found out that you need an after market cooler for anything over stock boost. I'd imagine that a bigger zaust system is required. What ECU.. ahh never mind I'll go take a look in electronics section. =)
  7. bahahahaha sorry mate, part of being a noob. I meant the Barra 190.. =)
  8. harrrrrrr.... that's a joke. So if I see a Ford motor vehicle drive past I am not allowed to look at it because I am infringing on copyright from Ford??? No viewing Ford vehicles outside of the dealership eh? So how do I drive my Ford around? With my eyes shut? Wait, that's infringement of RTA laws to drive with my eyes closed. What do they call it? 'Neg driving??' What a joke.
  9. hahahaha nice. What year model was it etc etc. They are economical, but if they have been cained or are on there last legs, then its not going to be very economical... lo Good Luck with it. =)
  10. id definately recommend the fuel injection models (Ghia, Tx3). Not only do they come with more power/better fuel economy but they have the extras like air con and central locking etc. If your looking for more of a sedan look I'd go the Kf/KH ('90 to '93). Check for usual stuff like oil leaks etc. If you are looking for creature comfort then go the Ghia. U can get later model Lasers for cheap these days. your average KF/KH Laser goes for around $2.5k in really good nic. If your a mechanical minded guy then get the KH Tx3 as there the twin cam BP. Good zippy and great on fuel, and the resale on parts is good enough to get some dosh back when your over it. =) If u want more info im happy to help, just drop me a PM. Or pop over to the ford laser forums. www.fordlaser.com and the guys over there will help you out. Edit: Something to read, u should be able to view it as a guest. Hope that helps!! http://www.fordlaser.com/viewtopic.php?t=15155
  11. and the 6 spd's are happy to hand 280kw @ 15psi (for a rough guess). My biggest concern is blowing the turbo up. Can you keep the stock cooler or is an upgrade needed? Can the ECU handle the extra boost? or do u need a piggy back system?
  12. sorry to drag up an old thread but didn't the BF's come out in tray backs? Would it be possible to swap them over? I havent seen a BA XR6T tray back, only BF's
  13. hehehhe thanks all, I was worried I'd posted in the wrong section for noob threads. I usually hang round the fordlaser.com forum and the amount of people putting noob threads in the classifieds is annoying. The ford love affair started for me with those cars and when I was looking at the 'wonder what I should get next' vehicles I went straight to another Ford. Found the XR6T's to irresistible. Later found out a mate had bought his and I was sold after that. Yeah, ELN im afraid. I thought they'd be more comforting, but it was business as usual. No matter, I wanna know more before I get myn now anyway. So the 6spd is the go? Were they the MkII's ('05 onwards??).
  14. Hi all, Have been looking at xr6t's for ages now, more so the utes. Even went to my local dealership and looked at 'em. Decided against it as they didn't have one in stock and there price for a '04 BA was around the 35k mark (120,000k's). =S I've been viewing this site as a guest for ages now and figured to myself I'd better register. I live on the beaut central coast in NSW and drive a FWD Laser TX3 Turbo (I did the conversion with a friend). I'm looking at XR6T's as they have impressed me in the past. A friend of mine has one as well and it goes nicely. ('05 MkII ute). So, enough ramble, I dont own an xr6t as of yet but its on the cards later this year, just wanna contribute my 2c and learn more before I buy my very own slice of $20k heaven. =) Oh, and manuals FTW!!!
'